9.04.2009

lets hear it for the boys!


















while i own and continue to re-read my copy of "influence", idolize all of the "kates" and their enviable effortless style, and tivo gossip girl so i can obsess over eric daman's genius, i find my closet looking like it was taken over a guy lately. and no, i'm not talking about the "menswear" style that has infiltrated every department store and boutique this season (while i wish that i could easily whip up a "boyfriend" style look that is so popular now, it sadly makes me look like i am about 15 and trying on my fathers clothes- not something to emulate). mickey avalon has long been a musical muse-slash-obsession of mine, but only recently did i realize that mickey and his contemporaries have been rocking the androgynous look for quite some time now- and that i am eagerly filling my closet to the brim with their wardrobes: studded belt? check! fedora (to be worn over just rolled out of bed hair)? check! black ripped skinnies? check! embellished vests and boots, loads of huge silver rings, and piles of greasy eyeliner? check, check, and check!! i have not only accepted that my version of "menswear" this season will be a little less office and a little more rock star, but i also eagerly anticipate the arrival of my topshop leather skinny pants next week (a nearly exact replica of the ones worn by russell brand as he serenaded kristen bell in "forgetting sarah marshall"). my take? rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment